I came, I saw, and I was conquered. If you like a day trip and just love to check out hot rods, street machines and muscle cars with just a touch of nostalgia then the Queensland Hot Rod & Street Machine Spectacular (click here for further info) will blow you away.
The spectacular is a significant event in the Queensland events calendar and is a wonderful experience for families, the young and old, not likely to be forgotten. Housed at the Brisbane Exhibition Grounds (Ekka Grounds) and just so central to the Brisbane CBD, it’s such as easy way of spending a few hours amongst all the chrome, colour and pageantry. Under the cover of a huge marquee, rows and rows of street machines, vintage speed cars and bikes in all their glittering glory all ready to be unveiled.
The show wasn’t over just yet as I took a wander outside and there shining away under a clear crisp winters’s day, bedazzling row after row of gleaming rods, old and new classics, the centre piece being a fully blown Dragster all of which are open and waiting for your look-over.
The Holdens Were There
And the Fords
You won’t go hungry with food trucks serving a variety of tasty delights outside the main marquee and of course you can sit down and grab that coffee while planning what part of the show you’ll be checking out next.
- The entrance to the event was off O’Connell Terrace, Bowen Hills.
- Travel by car: The Ekka grounds are easily accessed by car, with a paid parking station on site and some limited street parking around the event.
- Public transport- I use “Moovit” (click here) for my public transport requirements: The bus is an easy to use alternative. The closest stop is the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital (RBWH) bus station. Head down O’Connell Terrace and their you’ll find the event entrance.
This spectacular might have come and gone this year but don’t despair you can rest assured it will be back bigger and better than ever in 2020.
- Hot Tip: If you like to check out car shows as part of a day out or you just love going to these spectaculars, I have included some links to some other Trips that you can include in your itenary and make an excellent day out.
- Picnic Point Toowoomba -Dubs On The Hill (click here)
- The Barn and Scotty’s Garage – Lockyer Valley Road Trip (click here)
- (RACQ) Motorfest – Car Show (click here)